For over 20 years KING Art has been developing games in all genres and for many platforms. Great teamwork, respect, hard work and the willingness to learn and evolve is what defines us as a team. These are our values:
- We want to make great games. We have a passion for games and the budgets finally fit our ambitions. Our goal is to make games people love. Not like. Love!
- We grow with the people who are working here. We don’t expect anyone to know everything or be perfect, but everyone must be willing to grow.
- We don't believe in crunch time and we don't believe that you get the best results under pressure. We have no interest in burning out our people.
- There is no “Hire & Fire” mentality at KING Art. We want to keep the team together because we believe that knowing the strengths and weaknesses of everybody leads to less stress and better games.
We are looking for Technical Artist Generalist who wants to grow and learn from experienced developers. If you recognize yourself in the following description or have questions, please fill out an application so we can get in touch with you.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about game development
- A problem solver who analyses problems and solves them efficiently
- Experienced in various advanced modelling and texturing techniques to help artists creating optimized assets
- Familiar with the technical basics of meshes, rigs, particles, and animations
- Decently knowledgeable about render pipelines to aid in finding mistakes in assets or artifacts
- Familiar with organizing a vast amount of assets using techniques like naming conventions, folder hierarchies and general best practices
- Well organized and structured yet flexible in your work
- A team player who likes to work with others, to grow and to create great games collaboratively
- Proficient at communicating in English
- Willing to relocate to Bremen, Germany
- Familiar with task automation using powershell or python
- Experienced with Unity and have written one or more tools using the Unity API
- Experienced in Substance Painter and Designer
- Familiar with node-based shader creation
- AA/AAA experience
- German language skills
- Work on AA/AAA games, starting with an RTS based on a well-known IP
- Work with other disciplines to prototype features and then establish a workflow together with and for the artists
- Implement and configure content in the game
- Work with programmers to improve performance of the game
- Get a mentor that helps you through your first years in the games industry
- Contribute significantly to our games
- Become part of the KING Art family
Applications are welcome in German or English.